Thursday, August 02, 2007

On the Move




The pets are all shiny-eyed and glistening clean ready for take-off to their respective holiday kennels and cattery. I'm a bit sad about leaving them - but there is no alternative for now but come September Vladi and I are going to get all the work done around the place that we have been chatting about for ages (new bathroom, tiles on terrace, wooden extension etc) and then we can offer our place to folk in exchange for minding the pets - we've done it in the past and it has always worked out really well and is less stressful all round.

Vlad and I are still doing last-minute preparations to get ready to fly off early dawn on tomorrow morning. The weather has cooled down wonderfully. Haven't had time to think of the flight which I'm not too fond of but will take some 'rescue remedy' drops and a few good books and just chill out (fingers crossed ; ))

Books I've got waiting for me in Donegal

Not Just for Christmas
By: Roddy Doyle


The Successful Self
By: Dorothy Rowe


Teach Yourself Writing Poetry
By: Matthew Sweeney , John Hartley Williams


The Desecration of Doves
By: Arlene Ang


How Things Are On Thursday
By: Ros Barber


Throw in the Vowels: New and Selected Poems
By: Rita Ann Higgins


Human Wishes by Hass, Robert

I'm not sure if I'll get to update the blog from Ireland as will be depending on Internet Cafes.
Have a great Summer everyone. See you in September : )

5 Comments:

Blogger Bebe Cook said...

Hi Liz,

Enjoy your vacation, these guys are beautiful, your cat Siam looks like one of ours..M & M. Love your list of books. I will come in and continue to click the bowl why you are gone.

:) Brenda

4:12 pm  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Liz, hope you're having a fantastic vacation! I always say my cat is going to the 'kitty hotel' when we put him in to board. He loves it because the staff is crazy about him and pamper him something terrible. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

6:40 pm  
Blogger michi said...

oh you've ordered ros barber's book! i love it. love it.

and arlene's of course ...

have a great time!

mx

12:58 pm  
Blogger Arlene said...

hope you're having a great time, liz — and that the pets are doing well.

thanks for getting my book! hope you enjoy it. i'm sure you'll love ros barber's though. she's got a sonnet in the current issue of TPM, too.

anyway, i wanted to say that the gang is waiting for you at 30:30.

12:45 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi there,

Thanks for stopping by : ) Can't wait to catch up with you all ...just this minute have dropped the rucksack on the floor - unpacking will take a back seat as have got to get my Internet fix after being offline for so, so long : ))

x

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.