Friday, August 01, 2008

30:35


I decided to challenge myself to thirty poems in thirty five days giving me a little leeway to sleep-in, sleep-out and what have you, without it being exactly everyday. The D-day was yesterday and I am so, so chuffed as I did it! This was the first time I'd done a poem a day or so on my own, normally I do it with a great group of ITWS poets and I wanted to see if I could work up the tension and discipline myself...there were days when I definitely had to put the pressure on - my training with ITWS helped without a doubt. I must admit to missing the banter with the other poets and the reaction to the work...I may do this again later on in the year... but look forward in mid-september to a real 30:30 ; ) I'm quite happy with some of the poems that resulted from this whole activity - my qarrtsiluni poem - A Breeze in My Hair, which has just gone live/up, is one of this merry lot.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go on your own and congrats again on the q-acceptance. i'll look for it. i'm going to try to jump in the sept. ring. i figure i'll need something to keep me from strangling my classes.
XO

3:44 pm  
Blogger Arlene said...

i just adore your reading at qarrtsiluni, liz!! your voice is absolutely precious!

i certainly envy you the writing discipline. way to go! i'm no good at doing it by myself -- probably caused by remnants of catholic sermons about going blind. hee.

congrats on the stinging fly and magma acceptances!! wooohoooo! i'll cross my fingers that you make it into the shop, too. and yes, you should query -- they give a reply time of 4 weeks. they seem very efficient people, too.

a.

9:21 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

a poem a day is great, i often do about one a day for long stretches and i find it always pulls me open.
i liked your poem!

10:38 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks Nic, Arlene and Maggie.
xx

4:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.