The Stinging Fly

These past few months I've been concentrating on submitting to mainly Irish and British magazines, both print and e-zines. And much to my delight, I have had seven poems accepted for The Stinging Fly ,
a fairly impressive print magazine that has just celebrated its tenth year. And to
add the much loved icing to the cake, the editor, Declan Meade, has offered me the Featured Poet slot in the next edition. Suffice to say, I am now sporting a cheshire cat grin and wildly looking forward to seeing the magazine. I think it will be the Autumn/Winter 2008 edition.



10 Comments:
Liz,
WOW, BIG CONGRATS, you with the Chesire Cat grin, A much deserved recongnition!! I look forward to getting myself a copy when it comes out ( I saw on their website the "Rest of the World" can purchase copies). Big Hugs.
:) brenda
That's wonderful, Liz. Congratulations!
Thanks Brenda and Sarah. : )
That's impressive, Liz. Congratulations to you.
WHOOO-HOOOOO!! Liz, that is tremendous news. Very well deserved. Congratulations!
Thanks Sam and Sharon.
That's fantastic. I'm so so jealous. Much as I admire Declan and the Stinging Fly, the constant stream of rejections for my totally wonderful stories and poems gets me down. Did anyone hear about submissions for the 'erotic' edition?
Hey emerging writer,
Nice to see you here ...love your blog, it's an absolute goldmine for the likes of me in far-flung places and needing info about the goings-ons in Ireland.
cheers for the congrats : )
No, I don't know anything about
the 'erotic' edition but will keep eyes and all else peeled.
Well done Liz, I submit to them every year and get rejected every year too - so it's no mean feat getting in there!
Thanks Barbara : )
Post a Comment
<< Home