Night Time Surfing and the Real Abba Show!

On the 31st, at a surfing corner of the Canteras beach, just 25 minutes from us, there will be night surfing and members of the real Abba putting on a show ...can you believe it? At first I thought it was just an imitation group, like many times before but from what I gather, it is the real Mc Coy! Can't wait...have been humming abba tunes to myself all day...should make for a 'wild' time - there will be plenty of fireworks in more ways than one! Hope the weather improves though - at the moment the islands are fluxing between a yellow and orange alert as they take a storm battering...
Oh and have a read of Ken's blog post which I discovered through Rachel He has a fun write-up on New Year's Eve Snogging memories...how true! Snogging was the big time activity on New Year's Eve after New Year's Eve when I was a disco-goer too...wonder is it the same now....??
What New year's Eve memories stand out for you? And how do you plan to ring in the New Year? Have a great one whatever you decide to do...x



10 Comments:
Hi and thanks for the mention :)
I'm kind of amazed that the ABBA show includes 'Membrios Original De ABBA'. I wonder who it might be?
Be sure and let us know eh?
We plan to go and watch the swinging balls of fire in Stonehaven (Aberdeenshire). It's a Hogmanay traditional procession with a difference - the kind of thing the Spaniards are very good at too. There will only be minimal snogging amongst our party. I think.
x
Not to burst any bubbles, but none of the members of ABBA are actually in this show. It's members of their old touring band...so, sadly, not the real ABBA. A friend of mine saw this show in London and said the singers are good imitations and the show is lots of fun.
Hi Ken,thanks for calling by and yeah, I'll keep my eyes peeled for info on who is exactly up there on stage...and hi Collin, oops maybe not as 'member original' as they make out but what the heck, should still be good fun...thanks for the feedback on it.
And Rachel, love the idea of the swinging balls of fire 'do'...does sound very Spanish ; ) and our wee gang will also probably only give in to the barest of passable snogging that these times require ; )
oh! enjoy that abbafest! orginals or no, how can you deny that infectious groove! and *night SURFING*?! oh, that sounds right splendid, m'lady. dreamy in fact.
have a happpppppeeeeee!
xox
Hey-ho Nic, how you doing?
There are going to be spotlights on the beach for the night surfing guys, no surfing from the general public and certainly not from moi or our motley crew! Couldn't do it, not even if my life depended on it...; )
Lots of best wishes for a terrific night and 09 xxx
Oh Liz,
I hope you have a fantastic time, love the thought of seeing ABBA perform, I am humming Dancing Queen as I type. What have I been doing and how am I going to roll int the NEw Year, hmmm.. I have been 30:30'ing and only 5 more days left, and that is good as I am pretty dry, and tomorrow I am going to a party at my friends Pat house, luckily within walking distance as I might just drink a little. Sending you a very big hug and warm wishes for a Happy New Year.
xooxo
:) brenda
Hey Brenda, well done on sticking with 30:30 ; )
An around-the-corner party sounds perfect...no driving means a lot...I'll have my car but may abandon it! (only joking, it won't come to that! ; ))
All the best for 2009!
xx
Mamma Mia! That should be a good party - have fun! But Surfing? At night? Are they insane? You wouldn't put a gate out on a night like this here.As for New year celebrations, party and memory are 2 words that don't go hand in hand at Eejit Mansions!
TFE, it was a good night - must do a wee write up about it when I get my energy back!
The surfing did happen - the whole sea was lit up with enormous focus lights and each surfer had a torch-like thing on their surf boards! Talk about having the stamina of a don't know what..! ; )
Post a Comment
<< Home