Watching from Around the Corner
I often lament the fact that I am in the back-of-beyond, a paradise type of back-of-beyond alright, but none the less out on a wing here and far, far away from poetry readings which are just not accessible to me, attending-wise...so I'd just like to say a big thank-you to Collin and Rachel who have put excellent youtube videos of their performances up on their blogs. It really is very inspiring for me to see such poets in action - both performances are different in themselves but the two things they have in common is poetry-enthusiasm and a sense of humour...with these two elements, they can't go far wrong.
Hopefully. when I get a spare minute and a new Santa-Claus-lap-top that can stand the pace of youtube recordings, I will investigate the whole 'ins and outs' of getting oneself recorded so that maybe too, one day, I can do a reading, even if it is to an audience of one husband, two dogs and a cat!



7 Comments:
Great pics...what are they looking for...? No, don't answer that question, I like not knowing!
Thank you, Liz. Hope Santa brings the laptop. :)
Thanks also, Liz. This was my first time being videoed (in this way anyway...) but I can recommend (a) dim lighting and (b) having the camera at quite a good distance away! Apart from my big loud Coronation Street voice I could be almost anybody!
x
Barbara, thanks : ) ...a teeny clue - Temple Bar in August!
Collin and Rachel...cheers ; )
Hi Liz,
I hope Santa brings the laptop as I would love to hear you read one of your poems!! The b-day fairy brought me a Macbook for my birthday and it does make videos, I have not done a read yet though I have sent some video emails and did video chat, which was kinda cool. Maybe you could organize a read at the local library, or for students? I am going to jump in the 30:30 in December, for as long as I can stay in, hopefully the entire 30 days, but we will see. Hope to see you there too!! Very big hugs.
:) brenda
what charming pictures!
i'd love to hear you speak :)
Thanks Brenda and Maggie. : )
Post a Comment
<< Home