Saturday, December 27, 2008

In the Midst of it All

Moroccan Tea Shop in Granada, Spain (Sept. 08)

Ok so a week has gone by of my holidays and I still haven't quite managed to fit in any writing nor weeding! And Christmas lasts forever here in Spain, till the 6th of Jan...the over-indulging is having its toll as cannot manage to have a night-life and a day-life, one rules out the other - and exhaustion sets in! Am I being odd when I say I just want normality to be resumed again but with holidays still in tact?

Writing-wise, I'm looking forward to seeing my poem They Climb Hills in Medjugore, Don't They? in the Jan/Feb. issue of The Shop. And Sun Over a Tree Line will be in NthPosition sometime soon as well.

So how are things holiday-wise and writing-wise or otherwise with you?

9 Comments:

Blogger ♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Hi, Liz!

We feel like our Christmas begins tomorrow, because that's when our kids and their kids arrive. We are very excited about it, and I have spent my first week off from work getting little tasks done in preparation for having '5 babies on board', if you know what I mean!

Today I hope to get those last-minute cleaning jobs done and do a little baking, maybe a pecan pie or two. Maybe some cookies. Maybe a chicken enchilada casserole that is so delicious. I'm going to try and keep it easy while the kids are here because I don't want to be in the kitchen the whole time!!!

2:06 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

bfs, hi there, you sure have lots to look forward to...my parents are just like you in their excitement at my sister making her way with her 3 kids to their house as I write!
Have a great time and yum! those dishes sound glorious ; )

3:32 pm  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Congrats on the upcoming publications!

4:25 pm  
Blogger Rachel Fox said...

One of the funniest things I've heard this Xmas...in 'The Royle Family' on TV Caroline Aherne's bone idle Denise said 'Xmas isn't really for children is it?'
x

4:31 pm  
Blogger Totalfeckineejit said...

Hey Liz,congrats on the SHOp poem I look forward to that.The title is intriguing -anything to do with'They shoot horses don't they?'
can't wait to read it.You're having a great run at the moment, well done! Must confess to loving everything about Christmas, the carols, the open fires,the food,the drink (ohh! the drink!) the excess, the indulgence, the presents, all underpinned by the true meaning of it all that I try, and hope, to get closer to each year.And Rachel I heard that line too and thought it hilarious - total gas.Having said that we played one of them awful board games with my son straight after out of embarrassment! Many a true word!

6:03 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm right with you Liz, I wish for normality to come back very soon: I get very tetchy when I'm exposed to a great deal of my kids or husband in this enforced intimacy (especially since he went and got the 'man-flu' eeugh)... writing resumes next week, if I've got to lock myself in the garden shed with all the dry rubbish!

Congrats on publications, keep it going!

7:01 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

cheers, Collin.

Rachel, thanks for bone idle Dennis quote...amusing, indeed! ; )

TFE, cheers and must admit to a bit of tampering with that line you quote - the Medjugore poem is the type of poem my mother won't want the neighbours nor the priest to know about - I'll be the talking match of the parish! ; ) And yeah there is nothing like a bit of Christmas cheer but it's still full-steam ahead here with no end in sight!

Barbara, hope hubby is on the mend...what is man-flu? Don't think
it has struck here yet...makes me think of tree-hugging for some reason!
Hope the garden shed works out...I have a version of that here too ; )

4:45 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

the writing is up!

11:26 pm  
Blogger SarahJane said...

congrats on the pubs, liz! and happy new year.

1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.