Poetry Ireland Introductions Readings...A Wild Goose (not Chase!)

(Look Who It Is, Carlos' Friend and boot)

(A Sort of Ahoy, Art Cementery)
After a marathon session of 48 hours of work and general out-and-aboutness, I got home last night laden down with shopping, (snap! Barbara (with good news too!)– prelude to finding good news, seems to be the shopping trawl!) and sat myself down to catch up on e-mails and blogs and I find the great news that I have been selected for the Poetry Ireland Introductions Readings.
A series focusing on emerging poets. The Introductions offer an exciting opportunity for talented, emerging poets to showcase their work at a reading and to work with an established, published poet in a workshop environment. Throughout the process the poets will be advised and directed in their work culminating in a reading to a live audience, which will be recorded and published on the Poetry Ireland website. The readings are usually held in early June.
The timing is actually perfect as the workshop is on the 28th of March (with poet Jim McAuley – don’t actually know his work, must look him up…)and I had been planning a trip to Ireland around this time so am absolutely thrilled that it all seems to be fitting in….touch wood! This also means that I will be able to get to some of the Poetry Now Festival Readings which will be the icing on the cake – a whole week-end in Dublin, catching up with friends and meeting poets and going to a workshop and readings.
This is just the stimulus I need to get my act together for the forthcoming book readings.
On a high – indulged in too much celebratory white wine last night - have a touch of a headache - nothing that a spell out in the fresh air finishing knocking down an old hen-house won't cure ; )– oh and a wild goose has come to nest on our land – he or if a she, appears pretty restless (to be expected maybe) and might be nesting - something further to investigate today...


14 Comments:
So much good news!
x
That's tremendous Liz, great news well done and a great opportunity!With the book coming out too, 2009 is going to be a supercharged rocket of a year for you, watch out for them stars! :)
I knew you'd get it! Woohoo, woohoo, woohoo! Could we be seeing your name on the Poetry Now nominations list next year, eh, eh???
So, so pleased for you; the news just gets better and better!
Thanks, Rachel. : )
TFE,hope all the supercharging doesn't blow a light-bulb on me
along the way...; )who was it that said 'why do we need the moon, when we've got the stars'?...I'll make do with a guinness or two and some Beshoffs cod and chips! cheers TFE : )
Thanks,Barbara,...as my granny used to say - 'don't be getting ahead of yourself': )...stage-fright could still put a dampner on things! ; ))
x
Congrats, Liz!
oooh! a hearty kudo, my dear! oh--to see you in public with that po! *swooon* keep it up ye emerger!!!
xox
Thanks, Collin : )
Hey, Nic, cheers, me lady...I see you poeming goodo in the usual wee spot - am so tempted to join - maybe will in a week or so, just for a ten-oh one...; ) Keep me a cosy corner with a sea-view : ) xx
Congrats, Liz, that's brilliant news. I did this some years ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The workshop was with Moya Cannon and one of the participants rather took over(...a man, need you ask??) I met some great people through it and some of them have gone on to have godd success, which is always good to see.
Beshoffs chips. Mmmmmm, drool....A new craving to dwell on!
Hello there, I got chosen for this too, will no doubt see you in a few weeks' time!
Congrats as well!
xx
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hi Nuala,
Thanks - I am excited about it - your experiece sounds great - will keep eyes (and all else) peeled for the take-over-type...have only ever done one workshop before... ; )
Hi Carolyn, so nice to meet you, virtually, and looking forward to doing it for real : )...congrats too...and thanks for stopping by...
x
Fantastic news Liz - best of luck with the workshop and reading!!! And to you too, Carolyn. I missed the cut myself. Again.
I'll be around Poetry Now too - hope we get to say Hi! Do you know which readings you'll be attending yet?
Thanks, PJ.
Keep at it with PI, PJ - this was my second go - I had to work on more Irish credits.
I'll be at the Friday and Sunday readings - treated myself to a whole spate of tickets so will be about all day, both days, more or less! This is a big novelty for me...so got to make the most of it! : ) and yes, hope to have the chance to say hello.
By the way, congrats on the exhibition and interview...hope to pop into the exhibition on that Sat. 28th
Good stuff - tnx for that- see you soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home