Monday, February 09, 2009

NTHPOSITION Poem



(Bells and Buckets, Dec. 07 Lanzarote)

My poem Sun Over a Tree Line is up in NthPosition today.

NthPosition covers a wide variety of areas – from Poetry
to Politics and all the areas in between – Place, Opinion,
Strangeness, People, Reviews, Fiction, Art Reviews and
Discussion. This all combines to make it a very interesting
read. Their submission details are here

10 Comments:

Blogger SarahJane said...

hey i really liked your poem, liz! good to see you there.

5:32 pm  
Blogger Vanessa Gebbie said...

Thank you for the link, and thank you for writing this poem, especially these
lines

God becomes

a ragged fellow who moves
from tree to tree in the back of the mind.

(formatting on here will scramble yours...sorry.)

I thought those lines were marvellous. particularly so.

V

12:51 am  
Blogger Liz said...

cheers, Sarah.

Vanessa, thanks for stopping by and for the nice feedback...: )

2:02 pm  
Blogger Totalfeckineejit said...

I've been trying ages to express something like this,(in a totally, seismically, different/inferior way had one good line only, wrote the thing over and over and gave up, couldn't get it, couldn't find it couldn't say it.I don't know what the feck it is that I write, it may well occasionaly appear in poetry magazines, but it's not proper poetry.What you have written is the real deal.
Ps. You'll never guess wot da wurd verification is - broody! Fekin piss-takin computer:)

7:44 pm  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Love this poem and it's dark portent.

3:15 am  
Blogger Liz said...

TFE, 'tis poetry you write ok...even your comments read like
the real McCoy poetry...cheers for the way you put things above...and I'm in stitches here over the 'broody' part and the piss-takin computer. ; )

Collin, thanks for reading and liking... :)

10:11 am  
Blogger ♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Liz, thou dost write deeply, darkly, and I must think.

Though it be far easier not to think.

But to turn away and not see.

Not even imagine.



word verification: bunized
I don't know what that is, but it sounds like me.

1:33 am  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi Mimi,

Sometimes there's no escaping it.

Thanks.

10:44 am  
Blogger Padhraig Nolan said...

Hi Liz - great to meet you at poetry now. Love that poem - particularly that final stanza! POW!

2:46 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi PJ,

Yes, it was cool meeting...didn't get a chance to speak after Sunday's readings but weren't they great!

Thanks for poem comments.

11:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.