Holiday Hold Up


If things had gone according to plan, I would be at this very moment walking the streets of Dublin but sometimes even the best laid plans take funny turns. We have postponed our trip for four days due to my mother-in-law's carer having to go into hospital which meant we had to find and interview some new people for the job. Fortunately, we've just about got it sorted...and hopefully we will be able to go on Saturday. We will be leaving one state of family-affairs here to meet with another
state of family affairs in Ireland...luckily though, we have also included a family-free week in the wilds of Andalucia where we get to steep ourselves in the fascinating moor culture and sip Tio Pepe jerez at the same time, not to mention clicking fingers to the beat of flamenco...can't wait. : )
We have been lucky in getting some friends of friends to stay and look after our dogs and house and farm-sit. It is a relief that Páidi, our aging semi-husky doesn't have to be co-oped up in a kennels. The first question Antonio asked was 'where do you keep your cleaning material?' - I get the feeling, he'll be keeping the place spick-er and span-er than we do! Fingers crossed.


2 Comments:
Hi Liz,
I am sorry for the vacation delay!! Saturday is just 2 more days away, the week in Andalucia sounds heavenly. Thirty poems in 35 days!! Bravo, on my own I am not sure I would make it, Kudos. I am looking forward to September! I revised 6 poems, a record for me, my goal is 30 in 30 days. Wish me luck!! Enjoy your vacation!!
big hugs
:) brenda
Hi Brenda,
Thanks for the good wishes and hey, well done on the revising : ) Best of luck with the next 24...you can do it...just think of all those spanking new poems ready for off....xx
take care
xx
Post a Comment
<< Home