Life's Comings and Goings


David and Eleni



Truly cannot believe it is June. I wake up in the morning unaware of what month
it is but usually opt for November, in the first few seconds, only to be totally flummoxed that it is June : )
Loads of things are happening - unfortunately not a dickie-bird from the few submissions I've made over the past months but all are well within the time frame stated - up to 6 months! Lots of finger-tapping time ahead then. : )
At the end up, I cannot go to the Writing Poetry Summer School in Queen's University that I blogged about earlier but hope to get in some poetry readings while in Ireland. We've got the dates sorted and we are also fitting in a two week spell in Andalucía in the South of Spain in September - should be very interesting - Granada, Cordoba and Malaga, Seville - looking forward to it loads even if it isn't the exotic orient like I had dreamed of earlier! ; )
Some farm news is that a very enthusiastic friend, David and his friend Eleni came laden down with hoes and baby courgette plants and took it upon themselves to get our vegetable patch started!
On the Dickie front - a new batch of puppies - as seen above - adorable and all spoken for - this should be his last spell as father. He is still as wild as the proverbial Irish reindeer : )


8 Comments:
very cute puppies.
i can smell them from here.
Thanks for the gorgeous puppy photos. They made my day.
Liz,
I love the puppies, they are so adorable. A vegetable garden sounds wonderful. I can not grow anthing edible. Thats the real reason I stick to flowers. Let me know when you are ready to jump in the 30:30, and I will do my best to join in!!
hugs
:) brenda
Oh, the puppies are soooo adorable!! So glad they've all got good homes to go to, as well. Every time I see your bright, enticing patch of land, it makes me want to grab some garden tools and get busy. Unfortunately, my backyard is a postage stamp, so it's not quite the same. I'll keep daydreaming about your gorgeous farm!
Thanks for stopping by - Sarah, Kate, Brenda and Sharon : )
Brenda, re: 30:30, I'm gearing up for it - got an exam on the 11th and then a few other demanding things but come the 17th or so I should be ready for a spell of peoming : ) Sharon, I see you're already in there keeping the place warmed up with your wonderful poetry : )
xx
Hey Liz, sorry you couldn't get to QUB for their summer school. I'll look out for your dates reading here and see if I can make it -it would be great to meet you!
PUPPPPPY BREATH! oh, oh, OH! hey, sorry i couldn't make a 30-- i think i'll have to wait til after summer school-- john milton and the other dead white guys are kicking the proverbial arse here!
that dickie does fine! have a lovely trip and take loads of pix!
i'll live vicariously through thee.
XO
N
Hi Barbara and Nic,
Thanks for stopping by.
Barbara, I'm not giving any readings, I meant I was hoping
to go to some readings - I've never
read my poetry in public before
and would probably have a minor
canary beforehand if I had to...some day I'll have to try it though ... ; )
Nic, how are you? I'm about to catch up on your news - will see you in Nicoland then : )
Don't talk to me about Dick! - he had us offline for days after selectively chewing the internet cable!! ; )
xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home