Othello and a Tag

Last night we went to see Othello - a modern version. Must say that it was really good - very intense, sensual and it really got to the heart of the matter regarding jealousy, green-eyed monsters and treachery. It's amazing how a play that spawned from a 16th century context is still as relevant today as it was then.
Arlene tagged me for the following quite zany questions. These are off-the-top-of-the-head answers : )
What is your favourite guilty pleasure?
In the midst of terrific sunshine, having a daily siesta in the pitch black
of a cave-house bedroom
How do you take your coffee?
I rarely take coffee…well, never at home and if out, I like it real
sweet and milky.
Who were you in a previous life?
At worst, a Spanish Inquisition pulley operator.
At best, a can-can girl who made it big and wrote about it.
What is the worst film you ever paid to see?
A film about Argentina in the 70’s and the torture rooms they had there – I think this is the only film I have ever actually walked out of …not because of any disagreement with the showing of it but because I couldn’t take the cruelty – both psychological and physical – the few minutes I stayed left an impact and made me more historically aware.
What is the best thing you can ‘buy for’/’do with’ a dollar? / a euro?
A friend who came back from Cuba said that wages there are about 10€ a month – to give a euro tip there is like ‘colossal’!
What is the worst present you’ve ever received?
A set of very cheap porcelain-looking swans – they are in the garden buried beneath
some blooming flowers.
What is your favourite word?
Travel – brings out a that reckless, caution-to-the-wind feeling : )
** In turn I'm tagging Michi and Brenda : )



4 Comments:
hahaha! spanish inquisition pulley operator — i'll never think of you the same way again, liz. :D
that sounds like a scary film. i remember something like that, a US documentary on uncensored deaths — there was a part there where a man fell into a river full of crocodiles. i'm quite ghoulish by nature, but the sight of that just turned my stomach. more than anything looking at his girlfriend's face as she watched it all happen just freaked me out. i walked out on my brothers.
a.
Liz,
Love the spanish inquistion pulley operator!! Your movie, very sad and made sadder by the the fact it was true. I went to the Holocaust Musuem in Washington DC, it left a similiar impact on me. I posted my TAG and tagged a few others.
:) brenda
ha! so it was YOU who did that to me, way back when? when they asked me all those questions? *revenge!*
done w/ mine,
m
: ))
Off to read your answers!
x
Post a Comment
<< Home