Miracle and In Memory

My poetry book, The Wrong Miracle, has arrived at Salt’s distributor which means that it should be ambling its way to me, either here in the Canaries or to Donegal, over the next few days. If it goes North as opposed to sub-tropical way, I won’t actually get to see it till the 8th of August…..and by then it will be a near-3-week-old thing and probably wondering where she-who-has-spawned it is….deserter I hear it call…: )
But seriously, I am super-excited, even if as a means to deep-breathing, I have resorted to swallowing-hard like a very lost goldfish in its own little bowl…
I haven’t talked about this before but part of the book dedication is in memory of Ailish, my sister Rosie’s daughter, who was stillborn 5 years ago. The royalties from the sale of the book are going to Sands – the stillbirth and neonatal death charity.


7 Comments:
Every time I see the title I think 'wow, what a great title!'
x
A great title, and I can't wait to read it. I also think that is a generous thing you've done with dedication and royalties - doesn't surprise me one bit.
Oh, that's so sad, Liz.
Congrats on the book and fair play to you giving the royalties to such a good cause.
That's such a nice gesture of the dedication to Ailish and your sister Rosie.
Thanks Rachel, Barbara, Nuala and TFE.
(there is a long story attached to Ailish and how I got started writing again...for another day though! : ))
I'm so looking forward to reading it too, Liz.
Have a wonderful time in Donegal. Travel safely.
Thanks, Michelle and for your e-mail too... : )
Post a Comment
<< Home