Friday, November 07, 2008

Magma


Yes, yes, yes,: ) I'm delighted to have three poems in this issue of Magma, their titles are of a rather odd nature, though : )

Sometimes when you are bent over chopping leeks...
Exposition of the contents of a heart
Sing me a sort of Lily-the-Pink song

Maggie, a blogger friend, has also some work in this issue - I'm looking forward to reading it.


Unfortunately, it will be impossible for me to make the readings in London in The Troubadour ...dream on, dream on, I say...I will make a reading of some description some time soon, I promise myself ; )!


Rob has a blog entry about Magma's new blog - it looks interesting.

8 Comments:

Blogger SarahJane said...

sorry you couldn't go. as an expat myself, i appreciate the difficulty. it was kind that someone read for you, and told you how it went.
congrats on magma, too!

6:28 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my oh my, your poetry stone is really gathering lots of moss lately; here's to the great success - keep it up!

7:11 pm  
Blogger Maggie May said...

i'm so excited to get a copy!
i can't wait to read your poems.
i'm going to look at their new blog now....

11:00 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks Sarah, Barbara and Maggie.

Barbara, nothing much more in the pipeline for a while, got to do a barrage of submitting again - it comes in trickles and floods ; )

Maggie, yeah, really looking forward to a look between the covers of Magma. :)

5:25 pm  
Blogger Emerging Writer said...

My goodness, you're getting around. Congrats. What kind of hit rate do you get?

10:04 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Emerging, thanks for calling by... sorry if I'm being dopey-sounding but not sure what you mean with hit rate...do you mean rejections/acceptances? If so, I submit very sporadically - quite a few together or for ages submitting nothing...

8:28 am  
Blogger Emerging Writer said...

Hi Liz,

I just meant, do you get half of what you send out published or what? I suppose it depends on the selectiveness of the publications you're submitting to.

7:23 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Emerging, it depends...I've had a good run recently after having rejections galore before that...this is my first year concentrating on Irish mags and zines though so am happy about it so far...have had quite a few 'no replies' from Irish places too...must check up on them!

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.