Sunday, November 02, 2008

Looking Unlikely...On My Bike!


* On My Bike...I wish!


* Mr Pig in Dublin, taking a peep out.

* As much as I was/am geared up to go to Dublin, it is looking increasingly unlikely - mainly because a friend who usually substitutes for me at work is ill and on re-checking the flight prices, it would now cost nearly 400€ just to get there as opposed to 240€ when I checked ten days ago! Apparently Aerlingus had a 25% discount then but are no longer applying it and have added on some more costs as well! All in all, things are not adding up either way...work-wise it is my busiest time now as I am preparing some students for early December First Certificate Cambridge exams and I cannot just leave them to their own devices without class for three or four days...I am trying not to think about the trip too much as I am disappointed but hopefully there will be another occasion, maybe not as celebratory, but I hope to break the reading-barrier at some stage this year 08/09! ; ) However, I am one to never say 'never' and who knows maybe I will get a brainwave on how to sort this out over the next few days and be able to go! This is how I am consoling myself at the moment anyway... : )

In Other News, I, at last, have got 60 poems together in the hope of getting a first collection published. I sent 10 poem samples to a few publishers and two have gotten back to me asking for the whole manuscript! Fingers crossed something may come from this...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Liz, no consolation I know, but once in a blue while I have to forgo readings for the reasons of money and the kids (six is a hard ask for most babysitters).
I really empathise with you... no chance of a virtual reading, then? Use a camera, record and pop it onto Utube? Then we could hear you/see you and adore from afar...
Still, I know it's tough for you out there...
In your other news, that sounds very, very encouraging indeed! Keep us informed and fingers crossed tight for you :)

The word verification is 'volare' to fly.... hmmm.

11:15 am  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

It is so expensive to fly anywhere these days, that after my trip up to NYC, I'm staying close to home for a bit.

Good luck with the manuscript!

7:11 pm  
Blogger Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Hi Liz, Thank You for stopping in at my Blog...
I wish you the very best on your manuscript. I'll be reading some of your earlier posts as well, to learn more about you.
btw, I have always thought Barcelona would be great fun; in what area of Spain are you?
Go OBAMA!

1:13 am  
Blogger Liz said...

Barbara, youtube is a great idea but I don't think I'd have time to do the video thing now...and do you remember my efforts at recording something simple for quarrtsilini...it took me an age...I still have to update my poor wee laptop to get it youtube friendly ; ) Barbara, if you go, I'll be looking forward to hearing your rundown on how it went... : )

Collin, yeah, these added costs make flying a non-option at times.

Lisa, thanks for calling by...and the good wishes : )
Barcelona is fantastic - lots to do and see. A definite treat.
I'm on a Spanish island off the coast of Western Africa...beautiful but far, far away at times! ; )

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.