Walking with Dick

(Photo from http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/home.html)

I took 'Dick' walking this morning. He's a jack russel and realy bouncy-hyper - naturally enough after being chained constantly for gawd knows how long! Instead of a collar, he's got a chain around his neck, hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to ask the 'owner' if I can give him a collar - don't want to risk being too interfering just yet! My dog, Páidi looked totally offended at what appeared like treachery on my part - I've got to get them used to each other as they are both males but hopefully before long I can take them walking together. He is now de-fleaed and de-wormed and I left him a bone when I returned him to his little house - he didn't seem to know what to do with it though!
When he gets used to me more, I'll try to take a photo of him.


2 Comments:
wheeee! i'm really thrilled that you've gotten permission to walk dick (my mom-in-law's dog has the same name!)
jack russel's are terribly smart, i hear. i look forward to his pic. hope you can get him a collar. the chain mustn't be very comfy... hope it's not rusty or anything. poor guy.
you've got the best cactus photos!! lovelovelove them!
a.
Arlene, thanks for stopping by - Dick is so 'alert' - he loves out walking and is as good as gold - the neck chain is a bit uncomfortable looking - I've bought him a collar and now need to think of a way to broach the subject with the 'owner' without appearing too-interfering! I'd love to have Dick fulltime but fear that the owner would only put another dog there so I am trying the softly, softly approach to see if anything sinks in with the 'owner'!
Originally I was calling him Spotted-Dick (soda raisin bread term) because of his 2 large spots...then it got shortened to Dick - even though he is more of a Dickie : )
Thanks re: cacti photos : )
Post a Comment
<< Home