Meeting Happened

(Photo title: A Face in a Meeting)
It was a sunshine-com-cloudy type of morning - I had a battered old umbrella in my nice leather bag and I bought 6€ sunglasses in a 1€ shop minutes before the meeting. This week I lost or had lost on me (Vladi) 2 pairs of sunglasses so I wasn't taking any chances on that being an omen for rose-tinted vision. : )
I imagined the meeting was going to be with the Councillor himself but in fact the other 2 guys in the office gathered round the table too. I had a photocopied version of the Campaign Blog. I began by saying that there were so many animal issues that needed addressing but that the one that 'jumped out' at me on the Island was the mistreatment of hunting dogs and other dogs that were being kept chained up 24/7 in abandoned caves, outhouses, homes etc They seemed interested and I kept chatting - they liked the slogan ideas - I had presented them with 6 possible slogans (Put Yourself in Your Dog's Position/Does Man's Best Friend Deserve this/How Would You Like to Be Treated if You were Him?)...they actually sound a bit twee in English, in Spanish they appear shorter and have more impact.
All in all it was really successful. It lasted about an hour and ideas were flowing. The Councillor then brought things to a great head by asking if I could meet them next week to view the pamphlet and poster that they hoped to get going on this week -I was open-mouthed and could surely have hugged him as earlier when the Councillor had skipped out for a second, his assistant was saying to me that I could ring them every so often to see if things were being done! Now with a time limit it really looks as if things might get done. I really hope so as Dick and his chums so badly need it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home