Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Guess what?? I DID it!!


Páidi, my accomplice with the one blue eye.


I got permission from the 'owner' to walk his little dog.... : ))) But boy oh boy what a day I've had - since the 'owner' doesn't live there I had to 'lurk' endlessly on the roadside to make sure that I wouldn't miss him! My own dog, Páidi is exhausted,(he was my accomplice) as I've had him out on at least 5 walks with the pretence that I was busy! Eventually when I saw that the guy was there, we went racing to his place only to find that a few neighbours were there talking to him ...I didn't want to mention anything in front of them so I took Páidi walking along the road and we waited there for about an hour until his car came along - I flagged him down and in real friendly mode asked him if I could take his dog walking some mornings as I have a lot of free time (a big fat lie!) and that I need to walk at least an hour a day - I told a wee fib and said that Páidi was 11 years old and couldn't do an hour long session so having his little dog would keep me company for some of the time. He seemed delighted. When I asked him the dog's name, I could tell that he didn't really have one for him because of the way he said 'Túrco' ....but to heck at least he didn't tell me to go and take a long, running jump! : ) I'm quite excited about this and just keep telling myself that I am his sponsor and not his guardian so as not to get too attached to him! I will de-flea and de-worm him tomorrow and I have a bone all ready for him - if only it were n't dark now I'd take him for a walk this minute : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.