Pics and Stories from Working the Farm

Páidi, running free

Dick and Me : )

Monstrous Bonfire

Uncovered Vine

Dick and Páid and the Midday Sun
** We are going at it, hell-for-leather, I didn't think we had it in us to chip away at the work which is to be done and at last, 3 weeks later, we are beginning to see the place being tidied up a bit.
The added plus is that Páidi gets to roam around - he is loving all the hiding places. The only thing he is, we have discovered he has a weakness for dried-up-rat-carcass and I've had at least two struggles with him to get such delights off him. You should see his face when he sees me whirl his 'tasty bite' to the top of the bonfire. I am an old meanie, I am : )
Dick is another matter, we have to keep him on a long lead as he goes off wandering and doesn't come back for hours - much to the probable consternation of neighbours who he is visiting!
Talking of bonfires, it is getting to be a totally beanstalky-bonfire - next stop- Heaven. And bonfire night isn't until June 24th ....gosh - as the song says: the only way is up!
I have spotted an area that I want to nourish as my outdoor writing area - complete with wooden hut. An enormous vine was hidden underneath a heap of briars and dead tree branches. I have spent the last two days digging around it and it is a beauty of a vine -it looks real old. Have now to get a wooden structure set up to hold it. Hope it survives. Cement towers that had been there had also fallen on it. It was in a totally bad way.
This afternoon we are going to water the orange trees and give them 'rainbow food'- it is the equivalent to the human version of putting hair on one's chest to strengthen them. : )



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home