Rain, rain stay a while...
I had made a clearing here a while ago, cobwebs swept sideways, curtains left to blow through half-opened windows, small tea-maker by the keyboard but I could n't psyche myself up to actually sit down and write a post...that is until just now, because you know what has happened, the first rains since February have just fallen...gentle, soft but wet, wet, wet rain which I have been out walking in with 15
year old Páidi, our hardy and beloved dog.... and the rains seemed to have de-cobwebbed myself which I actually hadn't thought needed doing but obviously did....; ). So easy does it, I won't go overboard with it....just a short post to say I hope to catch up with favourite Bloggers and quite possibly do some more Blogging myself and wonder of wonders, I even feel a sort of longing to start writing some poemy scribbles....hi-ho-silver! please gentle rain, stay a while, right here (maybe not on the plain exactly) but in Spain... ; )


9 Comments:
When I think of all the rain we've had since February! Lakes of it!
x
I hate rain.I detest every single damp drop and shivery drip of it. I curse every single greasy soul destroying black-hearted drown-pooling puddle of it.
But,if that's what it takes to get Lizzy G writing poetry, then I say, Let it rain, oh, let it pour!
And yes,that really is a rusty wellington!!??
cheers Rachel and TFE,
Peadar, rusty welly indeed...you see what becomes of a poor old welly without rain...some wellies doen't know how the other half live.... ; )!
Back to a slight spittle of drizzle today!
We receive quite a variety in the weather dept. here in Connecticut. Mark Twain once commented, "If you don't like the weather in New England today, wait a day." Therefore, I cherish each sampling! Enjoy those drops, Liz!
Thanks, Jeanne, I will! ; )
It rains all the time in Auckland; big walloping globules of it or whole sky seas dumped on you in the time it takes to get your rain coat from the boot. Never seen so many rainbows in all my life as I have the few years I've been here. Enjoy yours. Good to see you in blogland again. Welcome back.
Hi Rachel, lovely to hear from you. And yes, I remember those downpours well from my time in Ireland. As for rainbows, it's been ages, I've even been driven to making my own while watering the garden with the hose pipe as the sun shines down.... ; )
Hope to visit your Blog soon!
I'd loooove to have you transform
OUR writing into YOUR creation
to be Upstairs where we could live
forever to write for oemnillions of
years ANNND! oemnillionsObooks
(<- 000 lower than I N F I N I T Y).
God nvr runs outta paper/pens, dear.
Follow us to the Son, miss gorgeous:
° AbstractVocabulary.blogspot.com °
...wanna know an awwwsome
Way to give back to God all
sHe's bestowed upon U.S. ??
☆ trmonline.org ☆
...the rewards are
outta-this-world.
God! Bless! You!
Post a Comment
<< Home