Dick, a Ram and a White Poodle





I've been taking Dick for a walk now for the past week - he is so sweet and so good -I love hanging out with him. Today was quite adventurous - we went on a new route down into the valley and I came across an old house with pink geraniums growing over the doorway, I was down on my hunkers taking a photo when I noticed that Dick's lead had slipped off my wrist and he was tearing down the pathway - I whistled for him and to my relief he came running back. It is so lovely the way he looks adoringly up at me and stops in mid smell of something to give me a lick on the trouser leg as if he is thanking me for these special times.
Further on in the valley, we encountered a ram and 3 sheep who were blocking our pathway, they all had bells on, fortunately the ram's bell was pretty heavy as he tried to chase us. Dick and I went running like hell and there was no way the belled-ram could keep up - it was disappointing that we couldn't continue on down the path, hopefully we'll be able to do it tomorrow though.
This led us to take a detour up to the village. I was taking a photo of an old wooden cross when a real snazzy white poodle appears, unaccompanied, and makes straight for Dick as if to say 'Gee, what's a fine dog like you doing in a joint like this...hey pop over to my place sometime' She had a totally Marilyn Monroe voice! Dick was acting cool, head held high but she was circling him and making for him big time - the photos show how disappointed she was when I had to 'shoo' her back from following us down the valley.
All in all it was a super fun day - followed by Dick trying to do his 'pull the table cloth from the table' trick ...this time though, Siam our puss was on the table and consternation broke out! Dick was banished to the cacti! At least he obeys Puss - with me he just gazes all innocent like and I turn to putty!


4 Comments:
cute photos - love the colors there.
no picture of the ram? schade!
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for reading the Dick saga : ) Even though I'm a country girl at heart, I'm a total coward when it comes to a horned-animal staring me in the face - hence no capturing of ram : )
dick is adorable, liz — and my what a huge tongue he has. makes me feel all red-riding-hoodlike. hehe!
that ram episode was a riot. i chuckled while imagining you both running for your lives. must've been scary though. i'm dead scared of horned animals myself. had i ran, i'd probably have fallen with my face on one of those cacti. hee.
a.
p.s. miss you at 30:30. **hugs**
Arlene, thanks for stopping by - the Dick saga gets tricky-dickier by the minute. At the moment he is in my dog Páidi's space(a 100m squared closed in area) both are male so they were eyeing each other up but Dick has bowed out gracefully and is being the submissive one - from the look on Dick's face I think he thinks he has died and gone to Doggy Heaven -all of a sudden he's got human company, dog company and he's not on a lead! I am trying to work up the courage to ask the owner if I can have him - I can't keep him myself but I could get him adopted ...it's difficult to see the owner as he doesn't live there but he has shortened his chain even 'shorter'- I think because Dick has taken to jumping with excitement now as opposed to lying flat and lifeless! Gawd! If he gives me Dick then I also need to ask 'real politely'if there is any need to have a dog chained EVER again to that abandoned building!
Sorry for the ramble Arlene - you can see where my obsessive head is at the moment - that's why poetry isn't getting a look-in just now:(
If I get Dick sorted I think they poetry might come back!
Liz
xx
Post a Comment
<< Home