Life After 30:30
I went to bed real early last night and just snuggled down like a babe in arms, it was bliss until a mosquito with a mission flew overhead. I sprayed some lethal substance, like someone possessed, and then drifted off again only to wake up with a thumping headache and mosquito bites all over!
It was strange not having to get a poem on paper before racing out to work, actually it was quite a relief. I've spent a lot of time today clearing up papers and sorting out topics, games and activities for the Summer Courses that start next week. Every single piece of furniture in the living room has got carefully bundled paper on it...and of course Puss is stretched out among the clips, scissors and felt pens.
Spain are playing France in the World cup tonight...some friends are coming to gather round Vlad's bed to watch it with him. It will be a toughie and Spain is creaking in its boots.
I'd like to get a move on with some poetry revision. First of all though, I've got to start checking out where my stuff might fit in, it seems to be a little out on a limb genre-wise and then again it may not be 'fittable in' absolutely anywhere...there are a few ezines I've checked whose work I love and I may get the gumption, at some stage, to send work out to those places.
At the moment I'm reading Zadie Smith's 'White Teeth'. It is wildly humorous yet really sensitive and thought-provoking too.
It was strange not having to get a poem on paper before racing out to work, actually it was quite a relief. I've spent a lot of time today clearing up papers and sorting out topics, games and activities for the Summer Courses that start next week. Every single piece of furniture in the living room has got carefully bundled paper on it...and of course Puss is stretched out among the clips, scissors and felt pens.
Spain are playing France in the World cup tonight...some friends are coming to gather round Vlad's bed to watch it with him. It will be a toughie and Spain is creaking in its boots.
I'd like to get a move on with some poetry revision. First of all though, I've got to start checking out where my stuff might fit in, it seems to be a little out on a limb genre-wise and then again it may not be 'fittable in' absolutely anywhere...there are a few ezines I've checked whose work I love and I may get the gumption, at some stage, to send work out to those places.
At the moment I'm reading Zadie Smith's 'White Teeth'. It is wildly humorous yet really sensitive and thought-provoking too.


2 Comments:
i enjoyed white teeth too, although i was not entirely sure about the ending ...
Michi, thanks for popping in to my blog ..I'm just in the middle of White Teeth, it has begun to change its tone a little and I can no way guess the ending yet....you've got me even more curious about it now though :0)
Liz
Post a Comment
<< Home