Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Wrong Miracle Draw - Preliminaries....and Actual Draw...




The paper is cut, the names are all written, the book is ready, the hat turned over...I will be out till late tonight so will do the great pulling-out-of-name when I return as in a bit of a rush now and want to do it correctly. ; )

Update: Decided to do it now as late tonight I may not be functioning too well....so....off to do it. Back soon!

Update: Just did it and the winner is....drum...roll...
Raph G. Neckmann. Congratulations Ralph. I took photographic evidence but I can't get my camera to switch on....sure hope I haven't broken it in the excitement of the draw! Ralph, leave your address in the comments box below...and sure hope it is this planet you live on ; )
Condolences to everyone else, thanks for participating....till next time then! : )

11 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Fox said...

It looks so sunny! If I put a sombrero outside here today it would blow away!
x

9:37 am  
Blogger Totalfeckineejit said...

Great hat and delighted there was a gonk on hand to ensure fair play.
Congrahermalerations to Raphh, he's a lucky Giraffee and in for a poetry firework display. Pip pip!

10:28 am  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

I like the little troll officiating. Congratulations to Raph!!! :D

12:21 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the "fair-play" evidence! Congrats to Ralph! Now, where do the rest of us get a copy of this one?

12:55 pm  
Blogger Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:56 pm  
Blogger Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

oops! I thought I spelled Ralph's name wrong... Hope this is correct:

Congratulations, Ralph! You will definitely enjoy this one!

Liz, have a great evening!

Guess I'd better start fashioning some questions for you, huh?

12:59 pm  
Blogger ArtSparker said...

Congratulations to the winner, and that is quite a lovely hat.

5:25 pm  
Blogger Sandra Leigh said...

As I write, the Weather Channel is telling me that our forecast for the rest of today is "Light rain, light rain, rain, light rain." I think I'll just sit here and stare at your photos!

Congratulations, Ralph G!

6:55 pm  
Blogger Raph G. Neckmann said...

Liz - I'm thrilled! Thank you! What a wonderful surprise - TFE just let me know that my dream has come true and the leaves on my dream tree are the leaves of your book!

It's the first time I've been pulled out of a sombrero. In the recent Giraffaway draw we had here in Giraffe World, we drew the names out of our favourite teapot, so they were a bit soggy!

8:14 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for your great comments and observations...regarding sombrero not blowing off table, Rachel,must admit to being lucky with the weather here... ; )

TFE and Willow, that wee troll was given to me by a student on my first week here and he has come with me everywhere...like his cheeky grin and his stance on fair play and luck! ; )

Thanks Karen and Jeanne, sure glad the 'fair play' worked...am a bit bummed that the last photo didn't come out as troll had Ralph's name around his waist... ; ) And Karen, regarding getting the book, it can be bought directly from Salt here http://www.saltpublishing.com/books/smp/9781844715671.htm or if you want to pay through paypal (and get a signed copy), my e-mail address is: isabellavalidoatyahoo.es and the price is 11,50€ with postage and packing included...thanks ; )

Thanks, ArtSparker...hat is Vladi's, for fishing and farming! ; )

Sandra, we get light rain at times but light, light, light...am forever pinching myself to check I really do live here as dead lucky, I think... ; )

Hey Ralph! So delighted your dream tree got its leaves through...and a first for the sombrero is a good omen, many more pullings, literal and metaphorical, from sombreros may you have... ; )

Names from tea-pot? Hope you read the tea leaves first, my gran was a dab hand at that...soggy? Never mind ...hang 'em on line or line 'em up...alongside the pegged teabags ...got to be inventive in these crunch(ie) times... ; )

So, Ralph, book is on its way to 'Reaching Heights, 5 Leafy Close,Giraffe Worlds...Down Under...' ? ; )
(send addy to my e-mail above...where exactly is you as am no good at associating giraffes with places...? : ))

10:36 am  
Blogger Liz said...

P.S. ...days later and I see the error of my spelling-ways...Raph not Ralph...perdoname! ; )

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.