Sunday, February 17, 2008

Touch Down


Making crosses with rushes on Saint Brigid's Night - Me and Dad


Mum and I on a girl's day out : )


Guinness and snow - what a combination! : )

I arrived back to the Canaries yesterday amidst a mini-hurricane, the likes of which is rarely seen here. Thank goodness I didn't know about it while up in the air - the pilot said it was going to be quite 'choppy' and 'choppy' it was ...the plane shook quite a lot and I held on to my book for dear life as I knew the minute I focused on reality and what was happening I would have been in deep deep trouble. Thank God all ended up well and most people reacted as if it were normal so that helped so much even if they actually were scared to bits inside.

On the way home the destruction was evident - trees were down and broken flower pots were scattered every where. The sight that greeted me on the door step was a torn-to-smithereens canopy and smashed terracotta flower pots - it could have been a lot worse. The door to the dog area was off its hinges and of course Dick took advantage and went to hang out with a tiny little pipsqueak of a dog. We let him stay out all night and he was quite stroppy when we put him in this evening!

It is wonderful being back even though it really pulls at my heart strings to have to leave mum and dad.

I've spent the day with Vladi in dream mode as we have got ourselves a little project to sort out - will blog about it later as it is super exciting and I am so bursting to get working on it. : )

5 Comments:

Blogger SarahJane said...

Hi LIz -
Love the pictures of you with your parents. Congrats on your project - best of luck! You'll have quite a a spring ahead of you.
best, sarah

5:56 pm  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I love the pictures, too.

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shots of you and your folks. you are too cute! glad you're back safe & sound & doing all that work in the above post!
XO

4:08 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks Sarah, Collin and Nic. : )

7:05 pm  
Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

Guinness and anything - what a combination. Enjoyed all the images here, Liz.

1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Photos/Images/Text on this site are copyrighted.